Monday, December 22, 2014

Over the river and through the woods . . .



December 22, 2014: . . . to the doctor’s office I go.

An icy cold Ten Mile Creek meanders through Frisco toward Lake Dillon.

I’ve been fighting a sinus head cold for the last couple of weeks.  A trip to the doctor this morning confirms acute sinusitis – just as I suspected.  The antibiotics are gripping the infection as I type.  I’m expecting tomorrow to be a fabulous day.

Knowing it would take a little time for the pharmacy to fill the prescription, I take a drive down Main Street to see what’s happening. 

The street is lined with cars as many out of town visitors spend the Christmas holiday in Frisco and the surrounding towns and ski resorts.
 

A teenage snowboarder with his family in tow, coming down the sidewalk.  With his head down to avoid the blowing snow, I step aside to avoid a "belly bang by a board".

The snow in the middle of Main Street is piled high by snow plows.  And, it’s supposed to snow through the night.  Great weather for the skiers and boarders.  We’re good as long as I-70 to Denver is clear the next few days so we can slide down the mountain to spend time with family and friends.  Until next time – be safe.   

No comments:

Post a Comment