Sunday, December 21, 2014

Walking in a Winter Wonderland



December 18, 2014: A morning hike in the Colorado Rockies.

It has snowed every day since we arrived in Frisco.  Mostly tiny little flakes like powdered sugar sifting down from the clouds.  I want to get out and walk in the snow.

So, while Jack stays indoors toasting his chestnuts near the open fire, I opt for a morning hike in the new fallen snow.   

I bundle up and head out into the wetlands – now frozen solid.  Many dogs and their people have gone before me.

I meet a man and his two dogs along the trail.  We greet each other with, “Good morning.  Merry Christmas!”  His dogs are having a wonderful romp in the new snow.

December 21, 2014: Snow ~ snow ~ snow!

It’s a little blustery this morning as we walk down to pick up our Summit Daily News.  The snow has picked up and I think we should see several inches of snow by tomorrow morning.   

With the wind at our backs, the walk back to our toasty fireplace isn’t bad.

All I can say is, 
“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!”
Until next time – be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment